Savings Bank Account can be opened in any branch of Agrani Bank by any Bangladeshi citizen in the name of an individual or a group of individuals which can be operated singly or jointly:
Requirements for opening a Savings Bank Account
- Account Opening Form to be duly filled out and submitted to a chosen branch of Agrani Bank along with three passport sized copies of the applicant's recent photograph duly attested by an introducer who must be an Account Holder of any Branch of Agrani Bank. Attested copy of Bangladesh Passport of the applicant may also serve as an Introducer
- An initial deposit of Tk. 100/- is required for opening of the A/c.
- Minimum balance of Tk. 50/- to be maintained in the A/c.
- A Savings Bank Account may also be opened in the name of a minor which has to be operated by the minor's guardian.
- An account in the name of an illiterate person can also be opened which is to be operated by the Account Holder's thumb impression. For each and every transaction of the Account the illiterate Account Holder has to present himself/herself before the concerned Branch officials.
- All required information as per terms mentioned in the Account Opening Form
- Interest for the Account is applied in June and December on monthly product basis.
- An amount of Tk. 20,000/- or 25% of the balance, whichever is lower, can be withdrawn at a time from the account; two withdrawals per week are permissible. Otherwise, the Account is deprived of interest accrued in the month when the permissible provisions are not complied by.