Nonresident Bangladeshi's seeking an attractive investment opportunity in Bangladesh ,can invest in US Dollar Premium Bond & US Dollar Investment Bond issued by Bangladesh Government from 1st November, 2002 through their Foreign Currency account.
Major Features of both the Premium and Investment Bonds:
- 3 years maturity .
- Half yearly interest payment .
- Principal amount and interest can be payable in either Bangladeshi Taka or US Dollar.
- Principal and interest both are free of income tax .
- At maturity ,the principal amount can be reinvested or repatriated.
- In case of loss, partial damage or complete damage of the bond,duplicate bond will be issued.
- The bond can be enchased before maturity but partial encashment is not allowed.
- Persons buying bonds worth US $ 1 million or 10 lac US Dollar will get CIP status.
- The Bond holder can nominate a nominee and the bonds will accrue interest on behalf of the nominee even after the death of the bond holder.
Features of Premium Bond:
- 7.5% annual interest rate.
- Principal amount is payable in US Dollar.
- Interest is payable in Bangladesh Taka.
- Principal amount can be payable in Bangladesh Taka if the purchaser desires.
- If any customer buys bond worth 10,000 US Dollar ,continues to increase the investment up to death, he or she will get 15% to 25% of invested amount with a maximum of Taka.2,000,000/- as death risk benefit under specific terms & conditions.
Features of Investment Bond:
- 6.5% annual interest rate.
- Principal amount and interest payable in US Dollar.
- Principal amount and interest can be payable in Bangladesh Taka at the discretion of the investor.
- Face value of both the Bonds:
- US Dollar 500,1000,5000,10,000 and 50,000
Limit of Purchase:
- Lowest 500 US dollar and highest of any amount in multiple of 500.
In the event of the death of the holder ,the nominee and in the event of the death of both the holder and the nominee ,the heir(s) of the holder shall be able to withdraw the amount of the bond(Principal ,interest & death risk benefit if any).
Bond Issuing Branches of Agrani Bank Limited:
- Principal Branch,Motijheel ,Dhaka.
- Foreign Exchange Branch,Dhaka.
- Ramna Branch,Dhaka.
- Amin Court Branch,Motijheel,Dhaka
- Purana Paltan Branch,Dhaka.
- Lal Dighi East Branch,Chittagong.
- Commercial Area Branch,Agrabad,Chittagong.
- Clay Road Branch,Khulna.
- Shaheb Bazar Branch,Rajshahi.
- Lal Dighir Par Branch,Sylhet.
- Chowkbazar Branch,Barisal.
- Jessore Branch,MM Ali Road,Jessore.
Besides these, information can be collected from any AD branch of Agrani Bank.
Encashment of Bond Before maturity:
A. Premium Bond
- No interest will be given if enchased before 1 year.
- For encashment over 1 year but less than 2 year ,interest rate will be 6.5%.
- For period over 2 years but less than 3 years , interest rate will be 7%.
- For period 3 years and over ,interest rate will be 7.5%.
B. Investment Bond
- No interest will be given if en cashed before 1 year.
- For encashment over 1 year but less than 2 year ,interest rate will be 5.5%.
- For period over 2 years but less than 3 years , interest rate will be 6%
- For period 3 years and over ,interest rate will be 6.5%.
- Detail information and application forms are available in Agrani Exchange House Pvt. Ltd,Singapore.
- Bangladesh embassy/consular office in USA,UK,Kuwait,Saudi Arabia (Riyadh/Jeddah ),Malaysia and Singapore will provide assistance in this regard.
For More Information Please contact:
Deputy General Manager
Foreign Currency Management Division
Agrani Bank Limited,Head Office
Deputy General Manager
Agrani Bank Limited.